A perennial, shrubby, hairy plant that is up to about 1m in height with fragrant leaves. The essential oil is obtained via steam distillation of the leaves and branches.
- Detoxification : is a diuretic and has a stimulating effect on the lymphatic system. It is benefical for treating cellulite, fluid retention and oedema of the ankles.
- Integumentary system : has excellent astringent and haemostatic properties which make it useful for wounds and bruises. It is recommended for its anti-inflammatory properties for conditions such as eczema and psoriasis. It also has cytophylactic properties.
- Nervous system : has an excellent regulating effect on the nervous system to relieve stress, nervous tension, depression, anxiety and headaches.
- Reproductive system : may be a stimulant of the adrenal cortex, whose hormones are essentially regulating and balancing. It is recommended for conditions where fluctuating hormones are a problem especially premenstrual tension and menopause.
- Skin care : balancing the production of sebum.
How to use:
For massage : Mix 3 to 4 drops of essential oils with 3 tablespoonful of carrier oil.
For bath : Drip about 6 to 8 drops of essential oils into bathtub filled with warm water and add 2 tablespoonful of carrier oil.
For vaporisation : Add 6 to 8 drops of essential oils into a tea-light candle burner or electric burner. For tea-light candle burner, do add water.
Ingredients: Pelargonium graveolens
Country of Origin: Egypt
Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
Size: 10ml, 30ml or 100ml