It is believed to have originated from the famous Lebanon cedars which grow wild in Lebanon. Trees must be 20 to 30 years old before the oil can be distilled. The essential oil is obtained via steam distillation of the wood and stumps.
- Lymphatic system : reputed to encourage lymphatic drainage and stimulate breakdown of accumulated fats. Mildly diuretic and may be used for cellulite and oedema.
- Nervous system : used for reducing stress, anxiety and tension.
- Respiratory system : execellent mucolytic effect and is useful for catarrhal conditions such as coughs and chronic bronchitis.
- Urinary system : useful for cystitis and urinary tract infections.
- Skin care : recommended for dandruff, seborrhoea of the scalp and reputed to be able to strengthen hair growth and alleviate dandruff. Use to improve oily skin and acne.
How to use:
For massage : Mix 3 to 4 drops of essential oils with 3 tablespoonful of carrier oil.
For bath : Drip about 6 to 8 drops of essential oils into bathtub filled with warm water and add 2 tablespoonful of carrier oil.
For vaporisation : Add 6 to 8 drops of essential oils into a tea-light candle burner or electric burner. For tea-light candle burner, do add water.
Caution : Do not use during pregnancy.
Ingredients: Cedrus atlantica
Country of Origin: Morocco
Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
Size: 10ml, 30ml or 100ml