A tree that grows almost exclusively in a narrow coastal strip in the southern part of Calabria, Italy. The fruit is generally globoid in shape, the peel is thin, tough, smooth and green, becoming yellow when ripe. The essential oil is obtained via cold expression from the peel of the nearly ripe fruit.
- Digestive system : useful to relieve colic, flatulence and indigestion. Useful for nervous indigestion and loss of appetite due to emotional stress.
- Immune system : found to inhibit the herpes simplex I virus which causes cold sores. Effective when use in combination with tea tree and lavender for cold sores, chicken pox and shingles.
- Nervous system : recommended for people who are tense, anxious or depressed. Particularly useful for eating disorders such as anorexia nervosa.
- Urinary system : recommended for cystitis and urinary tract infections. Useful in the very early stages of cystitis to prevent infection spreading. Can be done by adding about 2 drops of the essential oil to a bath and using it as a local wash.
- Skin care : beneficial for treating wounds, herpes and acne.
How to use:
For massage : Mix 3 to 4 drops of essential oils with 3 tablespoonful of carrier oil.
For bath : Drip about 6 to 8 drops of essential oils into bathtub filled with warm water and add 2 tablespoonful of carrier oil.
For vaporisation : Add 6 to 8 drops of essential oils into a tea-light candle burner or electric burner. For tea-light candle burner, do add water.
Caution : Avoid exposure to sun after using bergamot in massage or bath as it is phototoxic.
Ingredients: Citrus aurantium var. bergamia (ACO & USDA Certified Organic)
Country of Origin: Italy
Method of Extraction: Cold pressed
Size: 10ml, 30ml or 100ml